stormmonkieskm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does the party want to do next?

4 posters

Go down

What does the party want to do next? Empty What does the party want to do next?

Post  Bella Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:16 pm

The group has aquired 4 bloom trophies, which is what Wilburd believes is enough to fool the barriers at the castle into thinking you are fey and allowing you entrance.

Briar has awakened more now so it is now a +4 intellegent (empathy) cold iron bastard sword. The sword can grant the wielder barkskin 3/day.

Who carries which of the 4 blooms and where? Wilburd is not sure what will happen if they are in an item like a bag of holding. By this I mean he does not know if it will work as they can not be sennsed so it may not fool the barrier.

black swan carcass
Body of a Little tree thing
Black feather
Shard from a gravestone (ice giants)

Does the party head straight to the castle to try to kill narissa and stop her assult for good, or wait a few days to see if anything else happens in the stolen lands?

Bella
Bella
Admin

https://stormmonkieskm.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

What does the party want to do next? Empty Re: What does the party want to do next?

Post  Wakko Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:12 pm

We should spend our loot preparing for the final encounter. During this time, we can deal with any First World occurrences.

On that note, besides the five main characters, who should we take along? Bard/Ranger or Paladin? Paladin would be my vote, as we need another front line fighter. Unless we could take Specs.

Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet
class: Ranger
Race: Half Elf

Back to top Go down

What does the party want to do next? Empty preparing for fey-wench

Post  girdnas Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Sliver would suggest we gather our intel and determine what we know and how we can prepare to combat Narissa. This includes purchasing some fitting magical items and discussing a battle strategy if possible. Any scrying we can do, we should do. We have briar and that is supposedly a part of her so perhaps that will make scrying possible. Even if not, what do we know so far about her?

girdnas

Character sheet
class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

What does the party want to do next? Empty Re: What does the party want to do next?

Post  Bella Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:44 am

You can take out the time to create items from the equation.

Just consider the following:

1. go now to try to stop the threat once and for all. (this option involves trusting what you have in place to hold off any threats that may arrive in your absence)

2. Wait to see what else Naryssa throws at your Kingdom and tackle it as it comes. there is no indication how long the barrage will last but the threats are getting stronger as the go.

Wilburd, through his research, feels that the Bloom trophies that you have collected are connected to the different areas in the picture book. They may interact in the areas they are connected to , but he is not sure how. (I still need to know who carries what Bloom Trophie.)

You have been told that Narysa's home regenerates itself each night, so you would know to attempt to tackle it in one day as any enemy killed will be back the next day.

Not much is known about Naryssa herself other than she has spellcasting abilities (arcane) but is not a true caster (like a sorcerer or wizard).
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:58 am

I should also add that in an attempt to finish Saturday, I will not be converting anything but Narysa to be for 6 characters. All the other chreatures will be as written (with one other possible change Evil or Very Mad ) This will make the combat go quicker.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:36 pm

While in Tuskburg, the party recieves a summons from Pythia to meet her in the library. When the group arrives she explaines that she has been meeting with the Neryd, some of the leaders from the fey village as well as Melinda Gates.

"My friends. I was researching an idea the Neryd brought to me. She looks at Wilburd. Melinda has been working on this research for a day and she feels it is possible. The idea is to infuse a scroll of Gate with the four Blooms we have collected. Using Briar as a focus, we might be able to teleport right to Naryssa's front door, bypassing some of the obsticals along the way. It will destroy the blooms, though, so this is a one time thing unless we can collect more blooms. What do you all think?"

(OOC: yeah.. im breaking a few rules in the spirit of time... sue me Neutral )
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:02 am

I say we go for. Our six best characters, loaded for bear, try to stop this thing once and for all. As for the Paladin vs. Bard, I would favor the paladin. Tank, healing, smiting.

Do we have any idea what we might be up against?
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:50 am

Possibly a Medusa type creature, some fey and a spellcasting type enemy. Not many who go into Naryssa's home uninvited leave so not much is known about it. Doing everything in one run is the best option, though, (ie no resting). You also know flying has wierd effects in Thousand Breaths. No matter how high you fly, you are never that high above the ground. This rule seems to only affect those Naryssa wants it to affect, though.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:03 pm

I think the party is in agreement:
1. research what we're up against. Since we have Briar, legend lore should be useful. We want to know as much as we can about abilities, resistances, etc. and vulnerabilities of what we're likely to find in there.

2. Make any preparations we can think of.

3.go directly for the main bad guy and finish it.

A few questions:
1. how many persons will we be able to teleport with this Briar/bloom thing?
2. I seem to remember that we had to destroy 5 of the main creatures in 1000 breaths in order to sever it from us. Is this still in effect?
3. Can/should we try to wake Briar up more? What are the benefits and disadvantages of that? How do we do it?

Wedge

Character sheet
class: Wizard
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:07 pm

I will look into the first half of your post at lunch.

Here are the answors to your second set of three questions:

6 people can teleport, but you will need to do it from with in Thousand Breaths. So teleport to the castle, enter, and then use the scroll. Picard has a helm of teleport now so getting to the castle is easy. Possibly use a scroll of teleport to get to the tower?

This is not quite accurate. If you kill the creatures in thousand breaths, there is a chance that it will merge with the stolan lands around the castle by Pytax. There is a possiblility that could happen if Naryssa is killed as well, but again it is located in the forest and not claimed land.

This is not something I considered when I thought up t'he Pythia plan'. If you have the map of thousand breaths, you can tell me which way you would have gone and I will wake it up that many points so I do not accidentily "Screw" the group by forgetting about Briar awakening.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:16 pm

Alternatly I can creat a forum story based on the party getting through the minimum areas in Thousand Breaths to get up to Naryssa's house (it is called her house, but it is really a small palace). I would then add up the XP for these encounters as well as any items found.... I would just need to know which way you go. There are two routs.

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/kingmaker-chronicles/maps/19343

Going left there are 5 enemies. Going left there are 4.

Just thinking out loud here Laughing
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:46 pm

Admin wrote:

This is not something I considered when I thought up t'he Pythia plan'. If you have the map of thousand breaths, you can tell me which way you would have gone and I will wake it up that many points so I do not accidentily "Screw" the group by forgetting about Briar awakening.

What are the benefits/disadvantages to waking Briar? If we know that we can decide whether we want to or not.

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Edited previous reply.

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:03 pm

Fully awakened briar is a +5 intelligent (telepathy) cold iron vorpal bastard sword.

Right now the sword is a +4 Intellegent (empathy) cold iron bastard sword. It will cast Barkskin on its wielder 3/day.

Awakened more it can speak, gains darkvision and can cast blight as a swift action on someone it strikes.

Later still it will become a vorpal sword against all fey.

Finally it is vorpal against everything.

It is CN, but will not attempt to possess it's wielder.

This is everything on the sword.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  girdnas Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:05 am

Sliver will carry the feather since that assbird almost killed him.

I think we need to use the sword and would pick the direction with 5 enemies because the more enemies, the better Twisted Evil

girdnas

Character sheet
class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Is a Vorpal sword considered a Keen sword? You have to put Keen on it to have the Vorpal.
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Keen Edge is one of the spells used to create it, but I do not read in the Vorpal description that the sword itself has keen. Did I miss it somewhere?
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

What does the party want to do next? Empty Keen

Post  girdnas Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:24 am

I guess just look at a Bastard Sword's normal crit threat range and if it isn't increased, then it isn't being affected by a Keen effect. GM perogative of course, but I would look at it this way: Does giving the weapon Keen make it any more powerful than it already is? Since Vorpal ability is only on a 20 anyway, all it does is double the normal damage threat range.

girdnas

Character sheet
class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down