stormmonkieskm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kai's Background

2 posters

Go down

Kai's Background Empty Kai's Background

Post  Wedge Thu May 10, 2012 8:57 pm

My name is Yippee Kai Yay Mo Pho but I go by Kai. My pa's from Tian. My ma's and elf. They were fighting all the time. Even when I was little. Maybe that's why I don't like people much. Anyways, I bailed as soon as I learned enough to survive in the wild. Been on my own ever since. Just hunting and traveling and what not. Only go into towns when I have enough pelts or other trade items to sell and buy arrows, beer, and maybe a bath.

But then one day I was tracking this little red fox and he leads me to this little bluff that over looks this beach. It's perfect view of a perfect beach and on that perfect beach is a perfectly beautiful girl. The most beautiful girl I ever seen. Well, I fell in love right then and there. Turns out that girl's name is Ameiko Kaijitsu and she runs the Rusty Dragon Tavern in Sandpoint.

'Course a girl like that would never want a guy like me. Not now. But maybe if I made a wad of money and some kinda name for myself... Give her some nice presents ... a nice fox pelt maybe ... Or maybe something will happen and I'll save her life or something. Oh, she'd fall in love with me then... I'm pretty fast with my blades you know. Guess I'd better stay close to her... Keep her safe... Ya, that's what I'll do. Ya! Stick close. Watch for opportunities. Make my fortune. Get the girl. That's the plan.

OOC: My trait is (obviously) "Childhood Crush" on Ameiko Kaijitsu.

Wedge

Character sheet
class: Wizard
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Kai's Background Empty Re: Kai's Background

Post  Bella Thu May 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Bwahahaha!
Bella
Bella
Admin

https://stormmonkieskm.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Mon May 28, 2012 1:13 pm

Yeah, like I said, I don't like towns much. I spent like a year in Riddleport though. Nasty place, that. Full of bad guys who can butcher a person without blinking. I was pretty young back then. No chance in a fight. But I always was stealthy, even back then. I'd stick to the shadows and move real quite. That's how I managed.

Even when a bunch of baddies jumps another bunch of baddies not 40 feet way from me, I could hide till it was over and maybe pick up some loot later. But when the fight finished, and the winners start looting the bodies, the boss bad guys says: "Search around. I thought I saw somebody and we don't want any witnesses." Well, I almost peed my pants hearing that, I was so scared. I was good at hiding even then, but not as good as now. If they were good at searching at all, I was dead meat. I panicked. Tried to bolt, make a run for it. But then a hand comes out of nowhere and covers my mouth so I can't scream and another hand grabs me so I can't move. And this voice whispers in my ear, real quite, real quite: "don't move and we both live". Now this guy is right up next to me but all I see of him is a black shadow. Then the shadow splits in two and one of them - the shadows - takes off. Goes right past the bad guys and into the next alley. So the bad guys take off after it without ever searching my hiding spot or even going near.

So this guy, this shadow guy, lets me go. He's dressed all in black and his face is covered so all I can see are his eyes. And he winks and says "Good luck, kid. Stay away from those guys. They're trouble." And he starts to back away but I'm like: "Wait. How'd you do that? Not just the shadow but sneak up on me?" I was real curious. I was in my hiding place since before the fight - three, four minutes maybe - and the first clue I had that anyone else was anywhere near was when he grabbed me. So to make a long story short, this guy, Zokuro Goji his name was, sorta took me under his wing and taught some stuff. Stealth and fighting and where to stab a guy to really hurt him. Ninjitsu, he called it. A lot of it was this mystic Ki stuff that I never could figure out, even when I tried. It was all like "listen to your feeling" and all that touchy-filly stuff which sounded kinda fruity so I didn't even try much . But Zokuro told me that it would come to me when I saw more "life and death" or ying and yang or something. He said he'd taught me enough to get me started and I'd be able to master the Ninjitsu, if I live long enough. Pretty soon after that he bailed. The last thing the ever said to me, when I asked if I'd ever see him again, was "The gods are full of whimsey". See what I mean about the touchy-filly stuff?

Wedge

Character sheet
class: Wizard
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Wed May 30, 2012 9:28 am

(jots down notes)
Bella
Bella
Admin

https://stormmonkieskm.rpg-board.net