stormmonkieskm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allow the Advanced race guide?

2 posters

Go down

Should we allow the advanced race guide for Slumbering Tsar?

Allow the Advanced race guide? Vote_lcap100%Allow the Advanced race guide? Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 3 ]
Allow the Advanced race guide? Vote_lcap0%Allow the Advanced race guide? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Allow the Advanced race guide? Empty Allow the Advanced race guide?

Post  Bella Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Should we allow the book?
Bella
Bella
Admin

https://stormmonkieskm.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Allow the Advanced race guide? Empty Re: Allow the Advanced race guide?

Post  Bella Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:31 am

2 have not voted yet.

What about this option.

Those that want to use the Advanced race guide start with a 15 point build.

Those that do not start with a 20 point build and 5K extra in money.

This may even it out for those that want to use it and those that don't.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Specs Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:16 am

I think this is fair, for the ones that use the advanced races guide what will be the point limit on the builds? To give examples most of the core races are considered basic, aasimars and similar races are considered the advance range and Svirfneblin are considered monster level. My suggestion for it since i have used it in a campaign is to keep it around the advance area. this locks away a lot of the really powerful stuff like DR 10/ specific alignment , spells at will and such, but does keep useful stuff like boosting a stat by 2 or picking up a point of natural natural armor. Since the point build would be only a 15 for someone using the book this will keep them from losing too much power and from gaining too much due to the fact that the 10 point build races do have about the same level of power that the core races have, the bonus they get is that the can be customized to fit a very specific role. Also we could also limit it that someone cannot play the same race if they die during the adventure and are unable to be resurrected. Let me know what yall think about this Smile

Specs

Character sheet
class: Oracle
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:25 am

I did not bring the book with me today, but Even with a 15 point build, cant a person choose to up their ability points using the 10 points (beyond the 2 stats that you get for race) I ask this as the 5 point hit for using the book can easily be made up by using 2 points (from memory).

Example:
I play a human. My class ability is int because I am a wizard.

Using the 15 points I put 5 into having Int at a 14. I then take the 2 points that cost 0 points (because I am human) and add it into int. I then spend a few more points to get the ability increase again and put 2 more points into Int. I now have a starting Int of 18 with ony using 5 point. Normally having a starting Int of 18 cost 10 points so you just made up the 5 point ability hit. Again, this is from memory.

Also, I thought you could get level 1 spells for 1 point in the basic one. My enforcer had mage armor and 2 others... For a spell caster this is like taking the feat that gives you an extra first level spell.

By initial reaction (going by memory) would be to limit it to a 10 point build the first time we use it. This will allow us to have a test run for it.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Specs Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:06 pm

Actually all the +2 stat bumps apart from the initial racial ones are actually advanced racials. Theyre also 4 points per every 2 points you wanna grab and go up by 1 rp everytime you wanna grab it again so lets say you want +4 int extra apart from just the racial choice you would use 4 points for the first 2 then an additional 5 for the second +2 for a total of 9 points ora about half your racial points for +4 to int if your using the advanced points range. And yes you can choose a second level spell or lower spell once per day for 1 rp per spell level and you can choose up to 3 spells.

Specs

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:19 pm

We can decide as a group when we play next.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Specs Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Sounds good

Specs

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down