stormmonkieskm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rantings of Grigori

+4
Specs
Wakko
ameiko
Bella
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The rantings of Grigori - Page 2 Empty Re: The rantings of Grigori

Post  Specs Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:58 pm

well we can also build a house and a park due to the whole first house built each turn not counting toward build limit that would drop both unrest points Smile. And i say if all he is doing creating problems where there are none lets try to talk to him about it, and should he prove not to be reasonable, we should eliminate the problem in a decisive manner.

Specs

Character sheet
class: Oracle
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:18 pm

OOC: I forgot about the first house rule - good catch!

to the group: "I'm becoming more and more convinced that Griogori is an agent provocateur of some power that wants us to fail. Maybe Issia, maybe Pitax, maybe something else. I basing this on his behavior not on any hard evidence. We'll need to see what Molly can uncovers for us."

to Molly: "I can memorize the Detect Thoughts spell if you have someone to interrogate and Eagle's Splendor might help as well."

Wedge

Character sheet
class: Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Koya Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:34 pm

“I have looked into Grigori as requested. He is very crafty. I was not able to get much as he seems to be strong willed.
He was not evil. I know that for sure. With the potion of detect thoughts I used, I was able to get some information, but not a lot. As I said, he is strong willed. I was able to pick up “Fort Drevlev” a few times. I believe he is in contact with someone there. I was not able to read much else.

I did get the feeling that he speeches are not made for the betterment of Tuskberg. You have to be careful of him. He seems to have a way with words. Even I started to believe him as he was speaking at the bar last night. You know the one that the citizens made outdoors as a makeshift bar of sorts? He continued his ranting there.

All the “supplies” I used to get this information came at a cost.” She hands the party a bill for the items (potions, bribes to barkeeps and local women etc…) she used. *40 gp each*

(ooc) Fort Drevlev is to the west of Oleg’s.
Koya
Koya

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:50 pm

can someone go through this topic and compile all the talking points into a single post (copy and paste). Anyone can do it, but it would go towards the etra credit 200 gp for those not posting a lot... *hint hint*
Bella
Bella
Admin

https://stormmonkieskm.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Now that this event is over, Kyras, specs, and Wilberd can get the 200 GP bonus. Pythia can have a 100 GP bonus.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ameiko Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:50 pm

(OOC) Grigori is in Fort Drevliv at the moment)

I have discovered that something may happen soon. I have picked up very little at the moment but thought I would convey it to you in case you find it of imortance. More than likely you are to busy adventuring to put my hard won information to any use. Anyway.

As they were "debreifing" me about my activities in Tuskber, I saw a uncivilized looking gentleman walk in, whisper something and then leave. Barbarians. Never liked the sort myself. The man nodded and smiled. It was not a nice smile.

Do with it what you will.

Grigori.
ameiko
ameiko

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:46 pm

I'll take some time and vent my feelings about 'prima donna agents who provide inconclusive scraps and act like they've given us the key to the castle'. After, that I'll ask Pythia or Molly to write a diplomatic letter commending Grigori on his bravery and skill and thanking him for his valuable and timely infoormation promising more rewards if this date turns into something but asking for further details: what's going to happen? when? what barbarian tribe is he from?

Meanwhile, are we hearing any rumors about the barbarians from the woodsmen and traders? Does Maegar know anything?

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Pythia can send out a letter via the rider that brought the one from grigori.

EDIT:

The hunters, farmers, and residents who live in the land outside Tuskberg have not seen or heard anything from the Barbarians.

Le Pew reports that they have barbarian scouts and hunters come into the city all the time but that, while sometimes roudy and unkept (and sometimes stinky) they mind themselves well enough.

Meager is in Tuskberg with his wizard at the moment so you can talk to him.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sandru Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:37 pm

"I'm sorry my friends. I have not been to Fort Drevliv for over 2 years now. The last time I was there was to fetch Willas here who managed to yet again get himself into trouble" he says nodding his head to his party bard, who sheepishly grins back.

"I have never personally had any dealings with the barbarian tribes. All I know about the tribes there are that they are always fighting with each other claiming that they are the ones who are descended from their great hero or something. You know how stories of once and future kings are. I doubt he ever existed myself but..." he shrugs.

"The barbarian your operative mentioned may or may not be working for his tribe. He could be a mercenary out for gold. Nations fall all the time out here. We have to be ready for anything. I myself have to constantly negotiate with the Noman centaurs to the east of Varnhold. They once ruled the entire area south of Restov, but centuries of war with Taldor and now they are a ghost of what they once were. Taldor stopped trying to expand into the stolan lands over a century ago. The centaurs would like their land back to say the least. If I hear of any plans against your kingdom, I promise to get word to you."
sandru
sandru

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:44 pm

A few Days into November, the party receives a package addressed to them. It was left at the castle doors at night.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:13 pm

I'll check for magic and have the thief check for traps before opening.
Is it Grigori's head?

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Twisted Evil Indeed it is! It seems to have a note tucked in his mouth.

It says "I missed my new friends so much I though I would 'head' over to see you."
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 pm

Any chance of a speak with dead of anything like that?

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:08 pm

I think the party has one. They had it for the dead unicorn but never used it.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:16 am

WilberdGates wrote:Any chance of a speak with dead of anything like that?

What I meant was: "Could Johd cast speak with dead and get any useful information out of it?"

I can't remember how the spell works - I'll look it up later and get back to this thread.

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:33 am

Jhod is 5th level so he would know that spell.

He would have to wait a day to cast it as it was not on his list that day.

It looks like you get two questions.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:40 pm

Lets discuss the 2 questions you would consider asking here. I would like as many people as possible to post potential questions.

Speak with Dead
You grant the semblance of life to a corpse, allowing it to answer questions. You may ask one question per two caster levels. The corpse's knowledge is limited to what it knew during life, including the languages it spoke. Answers are brief, cryptic, or repetitive, especially if the creature would have opposed you in life.

If the dead creature's alignment was different from yours, the corpse gets a Will save to resist the spell as if it were alive. If successful, the corpse can refuse to answer your questions or attempt to deceive you, using Bluff. The soul can only speak about what it knew in life. It cannot answer any questions that pertain to events that occurred after its death.

If the corpse has been subject to speak with dead within the past week, the new spell fails. You can cast this spell on a corpse that has been deceased for any amount of time, but the body must be mostly intact to be able to respond. A damaged corpse may be able to give partial answers or partially correct answers, but it must at least have a mouth in order to speak at all. This spell does not affect a corpse that has been turned into an undead creature
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Specs Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:17 am

Where there any plots against tuskberg that you learned about?
Where you tortured for any information about us before you were killed?

Specs

Character sheet
class: Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:29 pm

any other ideas for questions?
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:21 pm

I'd like to know if it's actually the party who Restov sent that killed him and some other group at Fort Dredlev.

Otherwise, I think Specs' questions are good ones. I'd word them like this:
1. What information did you learn from our enemies that would help us?
2. What information about us did you reveal to our enemies before your death?

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ameiko Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:24 pm

WilberdGates wrote: 1. What information did you learn from our enemies that would help us?
2. What information about us did you reveal to our enemies before your death?

1. Fort Drevliv, Fort Drevliv. Are you Fort Drevliv?

2. Nothing asked, nothing revealed.
ameiko
ameiko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum