stormmonkieskm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the forest of Spirits

3 posters

Go down

To the forest of Spirits Empty To the forest of Spirits

Post  Bella Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:29 pm

As the group travels down the road, about 200 feet up from the caravan the group spots a trio of dark brown fox. They are extremelly ugly and seem to focus on the party.

They appear to look at each other and nod. One seems to bark something and the three vanish, though attempts to find them with see invisible do not work.

(if someone was wearing the crown they would have detected that they registered as Oni, but it never showed their true form. It was if they were oni, but in their true form as well.)
Bella
Bella
Admin

https://stormmonkieskm.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

To the forest of Spirits Empty Re: To the forest of Spirits

Post  Wedge Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:00 pm

I would have been wearing the crown and shared what I saw with the rest of the party.

I also would have been invisible, thanks to the ring. In fact I would be invisible as a rule whenever I'm 'in the field'. (e.g. scouting, hunting, exploring a dungeon, standing guard, pretty much anytime that I'm not interacting with others)

Can I tell if Oni noticed me? Perception +18 (I think)

Wedge

Character sheet
class: Wizard
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:00 pm

The member 'Yippee Kai Yay Mo Pho' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 9
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:17 am

It did not look like they saw you.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:17 pm

A month has passed since you left the city of Ordu-Aganhei. Miyaru has led the caravan tothe Forest of Spirits. She leads you for days and eventually takes the party to a clearing. Once you enter enter the clearing, the rest of the day passes quietly until you make camp for the night in the still air of the forest. The party gradually become aware that something is gathering in the darkness—a family, an army, or both. You can make out vague, strange shapes in the shadows, and palpable sense of fear and curiosity permeates the forest twilight.

Gradually, a few of the strange beings hesitantly approach the to look upon you. Miyaro urges you to remain still as they may terrify the kami into fleeing. Most of these kami are merged with their animal wards, but others inhabit the trees, the rocks, or the snow, or simply manifest in a variety of forms, both humanoid and other.

The kami begin whispering strange words, which Miyaro translates for the you.

“The kami are the natural enemy of the Oni. They swore an oath long ago to guard the oni of the Five Storms, who were imprisoned in a pagoda called the House of Withered Blossoms. For centuries, the kami kept the Five Storms contained, but one night, 160 years ago, most of the oni somehow escaped their prison. The kami do not know how, but they do know that at least one oni still remains in the House of Withered Blossoms, for their oath forbids them from stepping over the threshold while even one oni remains inside, and the way is still barred to them.

The kami request that you enter the pagoda to learn what happened to the Five Storms and, if possible, defeat the last oni within. The Kami are aware that you seek to depose the Jade Regent, and that he is allied with the Five Storms— an exploration of the oni’s former prison might give you information and weapons they can use against you enemies.”

Let me know if the group has any questions or agrees to go to the pagoda.

You can also do a sense motive check on Miyaro. (as a reminder, she was the ninja who helped out during the ninja ambush at the city.)
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Specs Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:14 pm

I think we should visit the pagoda

Specs

Character sheet
class: Oracle
Race: Human