stormmonkieskm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Returning to the cemetary after the first foray into Castle Brinewell

+4
Spivey
girdnas
sandru
Bella
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Returning to the cemetary after the first foray into Castle Brinewell Empty Returning to the cemetary after the first foray into Castle Brinewell

Post  Bella Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:57 am

(This happens the first night the players return to the cemetary after fighting the floating ocopus thing. You have not yet rescued the women in the cell.)

The party is hurting from their foray into the castle. They did not expect to meet such a deadly enemy in the first room of the castle they went into. Sam Rai is feeling week from the disease the creature inflicted on him and must accept help from the party in order to walk back to the cemetery. As the approach, Sandru jumps out at them, sword pointed at them.

Relief sets in as he sees it is the party approaching.
Bella
Bella
Admin

https://stormmonkieskm.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Returning to the cemetary after the first foray into Castle Brinewell Empty Re: Returning to the cemetary after the first foray into Castle Brinewell

Post  sandru Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:08 am

"My friends. It is good to see you are still alive. I see your still here to Jo." he says with a wry grin.

He walks over and helps Sam the rest of the way to the encampment.

You did not return the last night and we heard a loud screeching over night so we were concerned about you. I figured it was Jo having a temper tantrum, but Koya insisted I come. She woul dhave come with me but she is not feeling well at the moment. It is probably from spending so much time traveling with Jo. You guys look the worse for wear yourselves. What happened to you? Do you need a break from sloppy there as well?"

(the screeching was the large bat you fought)
sandru
sandru

Back to top Go down

Returning to the cemetary after the first foray into Castle Brinewell Empty Re: Returning to the cemetary after the first foray into Castle Brinewell

Post  girdnas Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:39 am

Jo looks over at Sandru, as if seeing him for the first time.

"Brother! It is so fine to see you here. Taking the chance of messing your hair to check upon our well-being is likely the bravest thing you've ever done! I am glad to see it remained unscathed. You say our mother is feeling ill? Strange, she seemed so fine and happy when in my care. I'm sure when I return she will shine again. At least until we get moving. The way you lead your wagons would make a troll queasy."

girdnas

Character sheet
class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  sandru Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:09 pm

"And I am happy to see the castle had no mirrors. The last time you looked in one half your hair fled in terror! Anyways, what is your progress on finding the warding box? Ameiko is still in a coma, and she has not gotten any worse, but last night she did thrash around in her sleep and say things no one in the camp could understand. We were hoping one of you might know."
sandru
sandru

Back to top Go down

Post  Spivey Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:19 pm

Spivey flys over to Sam to take a look at him.

"Wow.. you look horrible. Let me see. Huh. This should help a bit." she says as she casts a lesser resteration.

"Find what you were looking for?" she asks as she flys over to Kits shoulder and sits down.
Spivey
Spivey

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:58 pm

dm bump
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:05 pm

"Not yet. This castle is a tough nut to crack."
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet
class: Ranger
Race: Half Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Spivey Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:12 pm

"What did this person in the coma say?" she asks as she fly's over to Shandru.
Spivey
Spivey

Back to top Go down

Post  sandru Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Sandru pulls out a piece of paper. "None of us understood her, but we think it was Ochan wa ikanotōridesuga, kare ga daredearu ka shiranai." he says as he struggles through the words. He looks at the group and shrugs.

(DM: Who speaks Tien and where did you learn it?)
sandru
sandru

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:02 pm

sandru wrote:Sandru pulls out a piece of paper. "None of us understood her, but we think it was Ochan wa ikanotōridesuga, kare ga daredearu ka shiranai." he says as he struggles through the words. He looks at the group and shrugs.

(DM: Who speaks Tien and where did you learn it?)
Kai speaks Tien (took a linguistics skill). He probably learned it from Zokuro Goji, his Ninja mentor.

Wedge

Character sheet
class: Wizard
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:06 pm

I also speak it, and so does Po. I learned it from my parents and Po.
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  girdnas Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:32 pm

Jo speaks Tien. He learned from his parents who are Minatan and Ming

girdnas

Character sheet
class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:43 pm

The first word seems off, but you think that what she said was that "something or someone is below, but they know not who they are".

What is more odd is that she spoke it in Tien, which Sandru would confirm she does not know.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spivey Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:45 pm

"Did I hear that your friend is in a coma? I can tag along with Sandru here back to your group and take a look if you want."
Spivey
Spivey

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:11 pm

I'd want to go as well and see if I can get Ameiko to say more in Tien and maybe provide another clue.

And of course to stare lovingly into her eyes.

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:09 am

Since you are not a spellcaster, you can go back to the caravan, but if you do it two nights in a row, you will be fatigued from not getting enough sleep. In game the party has already rested twice at the cemetary. So this next part will be the second time you rested (after the fungus spit on everyone for Con drain Twisted Evil )
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spivey Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:16 am

Spivey and Kai (and any others) make it back to the caravan. They see the caravan crew crowded around Ameiko as she thrashes around.

She seems to be weekly saying something in Tein over and over.

"Dai san bōruto-nai no tsu no shīru o koete 1tsu no takara"

You think she is saying "One treasure beyond two seals in the third vault"

She does not respond to anyone talking to her.

Spivey flys over to her and studys her for a few moments.

"Huh." she says a look of concern on her face. "I may be wrong on this, but I think she has something possessing her."
Spivey
Spivey

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:30 am

If anyone who goes back to the caravan has Knowledge Planes, you can make a role. Non of the NPC's have it.

Each person who goes back can also make a perception check.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:55 am

"Maybe she can be awakened with a kiss, like in a fairy tale?" Kiss her.

Perception check: +12

For a total of 32. Did I make it?

Last edited by Yippee Kai Yay Mo Pho on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:55 am

The member 'Yippee Kai Yay Mo Pho' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 20
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sandru Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:46 pm

"What do you think your doing?" sandru yells as he shoves you away from Ameiko.

"You dare take advantage of her while she is ill?"
sandru
sandru

Back to top Go down

Post  Koya Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:48 pm

"calm yourself Sandru." Koya says as she puts a hand on his shoulder.

"I do not think Kai meant any harm. I think he forgot that we do not live in a fantasy world. A kiss, no matter how enjoyable, will not make her." she says with a wry smile.
Koya
Koya

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:50 pm

(your perception reveals that Lute is there in the caravan. He did not start out with you. He seems to be standing uncomfortably close to Koya in a Old letch kind of way, not a sinister way)
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Koya wrote:"calm yourself Sandru." Koya says as she puts a hand on his shoulder.

"I do not think Kai meant any harm. I think he forgot that we do not live in a fantasy world. A kiss, no matter how enjoyable, will not make her." she says with a wry smile.

"<Sigh>. It was worth a try..."

To Lute: "Where'd you come from?"

To DM: Who is Lute? Do we know him?

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:58 pm

OOC: Perception (+5) Kn. Planes (+2)
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next