stormmonkieskm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

read first - leaving Brinewall Castle

3 posters

Go down

read first - leaving Brinewall Castle Empty read first - leaving Brinewall Castle

Post  Bella Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:01 pm

On the 23rd day since leaving Sandpoint, the group makes it's final preperations before leaving the castle. Ameiko wishes to leave for Kalsgard to reclaim her family sword Shushin, then continue onto Minkai.

Sandru has concerns as the caravan will have to pass through the crown of the world. He has never crossed that before so he will not be able to navigate or recommend a route. He suggests hiring a guide once they get to Kalsgard.

(The Crown of the world is thousands of miles long and it is like the arctic in the real world.)

Sandru pulls out his map and shows the group the trip to Kalsgard from the Castle.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bella
Bella
Admin

https://stormmonkieskm.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

read first - leaving Brinewall Castle Empty Re: read first - leaving Brinewall Castle

Post  sandru Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:02 pm

"The journey consists of about 400 miles. We should be able to get to Kalsgard in about 14 days if we have no delays." he says as he smooths out his map on a log nearby the firepit in camp.

"The more north we go, the more the land becomes frozen and desolate. We will need to purchase winter clothing in a city on our way."

"The route from Brinewall to Kalsgard passes through the Nolands here" he says pointing to the map.

"It then enters the land of the Linnorm Kings, where it joins an existing trade route between the dwarven mine at Kopparberget and the city of Jol before continuing north into the Grungir forest. We will need to cros the eastern neck of the Grungir until it reaches the bridge at Losthome, at which point the route follows the western bank of the Thundering river as it meanders north here" he says as he traces his finger on the map.

"This connects the many small settlements and steadings that stand upon the rivers banks."

At this point he looks to Jo and says "Now I'm going to use a big word here so please try and keep up." He then looks back to the map.

"A"t the CONFLUENCE" he says saying the word slowly "of the Thundering and Rimeflow rivers, the existing trade route branches again, with one trail crossing the Skalsbridge and heading northeast toward Trollheim, while the other continues along the Rimeflow towards Kalsgard."

(DM: during the journey the ravens and sea birds are plentiful overhead and you can supploment your provisions with survival checks for an elk or two taken down at the hills or forests edge."

sandru
sandru

Back to top Go down

read first - leaving Brinewall Castle Empty Re: read first - leaving Brinewall Castle

Post  Bella Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Here is the chronolgy of time from Brinewall castle to Kalsgard. The group leaves Brinewall on the 23rd day since leaving Sandpoint.

day 1 - Troll night raid

Day 2 - uneventfull

Day 3 - bears shadow the group for a few miles then leave.

Day 4 - fog raid where the caravan looses 3 cargo units of stuff.

day 5 - the party first notices the raven with the blood red feather.

day 6 - The temperatures start to drop.

Day 7 - Rhino stampede demolished the caravan. Get 1 cargo unit of food.

Day 8 - (where we stopped) - the group limps in to the small village of Stratia to make repairs. (currently day 31 since leaving Sandpoint) miles traveled so far from Brinewall - 288

Lute has been his leturous self the entire time. Sometimes the group gets a goose, sometimes an all out grope.
Bella
Bella
Admin

https://stormmonkieskm.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:49 am

I will use drench and mage hand to make his life miserable during the nights. A mage hand will shake him awake after he has fallen asleep for a few minutes. He might find a sudden downpour on him if he wanders out into the woods to do his business. I have other things that can make his life miserable if he does not stop the groping.

If need be, I enlist Po and Jo in my plan to teach him manners.
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet
class: Ranger
Race: Half Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down